Frozen French toast sticks in air fryer – The next dish is a must-try for any fan of French toast! In other words, if you don’t have the time to create a batch from scratch, this recipe will be the ideal answer for you!
Cooking frozen French toast sticks in air fryer is a simple process. It’s possible that you’ve seen the recipe floating around on Pinterest or that you’ve heard about it from a friend. However, you may be wondering how to prepare this simple breakfast cuisine for your family that is also nutritious. Well, I have the answer for you!
Using this recipe, you will learn how to cook frozen French toast sticks in air fryer in the air fryer and get some helpful hints along the way. I’ll also provide recommendations for what to add on top of it, including things like bananas, peanut butter, honey, and other tasty things! This guide will provide you with all the knowledge you need to cook breakfast for one person or prepare enough French toast sticks to feed a whole family. So get your favorite toppings, and let’s get this party started!
How to Cook Frozen French Toast Sticks in Air Fryer?
- Preheat your air fryer to 370°F (150°C).
- Each slice of bread should be divided into three equal pieces. If your bread is larger than the typical loaf size, you may need to cut it into additional pieces if the bread is too large.
- In a large shallow bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Mix everything with a whisk. It’s pretty OK if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Each slice of bread should be dipped into the egg mixture so that it is coated on both sides.
- Remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and lay a round of parchment paper on the bottom of the basket. You can also give the basket a lovely spray if you have an EVO Oil Sprayer.
- I like to use parchment circles in this recipe to eliminate any sticking. See the section below, “Why is my French toast sticking to the air fryer?”
- Place the french toast sticks in the air fryer in a single layer, ensuring they do not contact each other.
- Cook each batch for about 10 minutes, turning halfway during cooking. If you like a more traditional French toast texture, cooking the French toast sticks for an additional 8 minutes will achieve this.
- Remove each French toast stick from the air fryer with care, and serve immediately to your guests. Additionally, you may keep them in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months.
How to Freeze-Fry French Toast Sticks?
Allow the French toast sticks to cool thoroughly before using them. Please place them in a freezer-safe bag and close them tightly. Squeeze out any excess air before discarding the bag. Place the container in the freezer. Keep it frozen for up to 6 months before using.
How to Reheat Frozen French Toast Sticks in Air Fryer?
- Take the frozen French toast sticks out of the package and set them aside. Place in an air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 3 minutes total time. Cook for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings or drizzle with maple syrup and savor the experience.
Why is My French Toast Sticking to the Air Fryer?
Even though most meals do not adhere to the interior of an air fryer basket, recipes that call for a more moist batter, such as Air Fryer Hush Puppies and these air fryer French toast sticks, will adhere to the basket.
I suggest using a tiny circle of parchment paper to prevent everything from adhering together. They are excellent for daily usage or preparing foods that may cling more readily than usual.
They’re also relatively affordable for a bundle of 100! We purchased a bundle of these last year and still have more than half of them left over to this day!
How to Cook Frozen French Toast Sticks in Air Fryer?
To be sure, if you’re freezing frozen french toast sticks in air fryer, you’ll need to reheat them in some manner before eating them. And the air fryer is the ideal method for doing this!
- Preheat the air fryer to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place frozen french toast sticks in the air fryer and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the french toast sticks are entirely cooked through.
Serve and enjoy!
What kind of Air Fryer Should I Use?
The Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, or Cosori are excellent options. It doesn’t matter if you have the basket or oven type.
Whatever type or brand of air fryer you possess, the most important thing is to cook the French toast sticks at the proper temperature and for the appropriate amount of time.
The problem is that, since various models operate in multiple ways, there is no one ideal temperature or cooking time when it comes to air frying.
For example, my air fryer cooks French Toast sticks perfectly for a total of 9 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
Air fryers that operate at a higher temperature will need a shorter cooking time, but others may take up to 12 minutes.
The secret is to keep a close eye on the dish, mainly if it’s your first time trying it.
Additionally, you may test the recipe with one or two pieces of Toast to prevent destroying the whole batch.
Tips for Making The Best French Toast Sticks
Everything begins with a decent loaf of bread. Ideally, the bread should be thick enough to keep its form after being soaked with custard when it comes to French Toast. You also want it to be dry so that it crisps up beautifully when it’s cooked.
Brioche and Challah are excellent choices since they have just the proper thickness to satisfy your need.
They’ll absorb the custard excellently, but they won’t collapse into mush due to the process.
Texas toast is another excellent choice for this occasion. This cake will soak up the custard nicely without coming apart because of its thickness, lightness, and airiness.
Most grocery shops provide Texas toast, which may be found in the bread area of the supermarket.
Instead, if you cannot locate any of these varieties of bread, you may take any unsliced loaf of bread and cut it into thick slices by hand.
Make sure they’ve been sitting out for at least a day, so they’re nice and stale.
The bread may be dried by baking it at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes if that is all you have and you can’t wait for another day to make more. Allowing them to cool fully before slicing and dipping them is recommended.
Smooth, clean slices may be achieved using a serrated knife. It is possible to stack the bread slices and cut them all at once if you have an excellent, sharp knife on hand.
The taste is enhanced by using a richer kind of milk. That is why I like to make French Toast with the whole dairy when possible. However, when I’m in the mood in something incredibly decadent, I’ll throw in a dollop of heavy cream as well.
You may make French Toast using dairy-free milk such as almond or oat milk, but don’t expect it to be as rich as regular French Toast.
Make careful to use room temperature eggs and milk; otherwise, the melted butter may solidify and become hard.
Using parchment paper, line the air fryer basket to prevent the bread from adhering to the bottom of the basket. The drippings from the bread will be caught in the catcher, which will make cleanup a snap. Instead of using parchment paper, oil the basket with butter or baking spray if you don’t have any on hand.
10 Damascus Knife That Will Make Your Life Better
Top Best Cuisinart Hammered Copper Cookware Sets for 2022
Kransekake Molds: Kransekake Recipe For Prepairing Kransekake Tower