Cooking is one of the most daunting tasks that people have to do. Luckily, Crock Pot can be a saving grace for all those who want something delicious with minimal effort! You'll find the perfect crock pot recipe for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert with these easy crock pot recipes.
What is Crock-Pot?
In your pantry, the crockpot will take the place of the essential kitchen appliance. You especially enjoy making soups, stews, pot roasts, etc. Like many of you, I always assumed slow cookers and crockpots were the same. But, interestingly, a slow cooker is not always a crockpot, even though a crockpot is a kind of slow cooker. Originally sold under the trade name “Crock-Pot,” the product is now marketed under Rival's brand name. It has become commonplace to refer to any slow cooker as a “crockpot.”
Best Crock Pot Recipes
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 (15-oz) can beef broth
- 1 (15-oz) can of corn, undrained
- 1 (15-oz) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10-oz) can Rotel, undrained
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1-oz) pkg taco seasoning
- 1 (1-oz) pkg ranch dip mix
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- Slowly cook all ingredients together. Cook for four hours on low.
- Put sour cream, pickled jalapenos, corn chips, green onions, or any of your favorite taco toppings on top.
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 4 pounds ground chuck
- 3 tablespoons Chili Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Heinz Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 24 ounces Tomato puree
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes with juices
- 30 ounces black beans, drained & rinsed
- 30 ounces red beans, drained & rinsed
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream
- Diced Onions
- Sliced black olives
- Shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese.
- Chopped Avocados
- Spray nonstick cooking spray inside the crock. Place 4 cups of water into the slow cooker and set it to HIGH.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium heat. Drain off the fat and add the beef to the slow-cooker.
- Add the oil and onions to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the garlic to the onions and cook until they are soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir the onion/garlic mixture into the slow cooker.
- Stir in all other chili ingredients and season with salt, pepper, and chili seasoning (if desired). Combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- At this point, the chili is ready, but if it is too thick for your taste, add a cup or two more water and stir. Let the flavors meld for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking the chili for 30-60 minutes or until it is the desired thickness.
- Serve with crackers and your favorite condiments.
- Happy eating!
Slow Baked Beans
- 1 (16-ounce) bag great northern beans
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cups ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups reserved bean-soaking liquid
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large mixing basin, combine the beans and the salt.
- Allow the beans to soak overnight in two inches of water.
- Fill a big saucepan halfway with water and add the beans and salt to soak quickly. Bring the beans to a boil, then cover and soak for an hour.
- Strain the beans, discarding the liquid. Then, combine the beans and the additional ingredients in your crockpot, along with 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Set your crockpot on high and simmer the beans for 8-10 hours, or until tender. You may need to add the remaining water during the cooking process; you want to keep the beans almost entirely covered with liquid while they cook.
- Stir the beans occasionally to let any beans on top absorb the sauce you've produced.
Is the Crock-Pot Healthy to Cook?
Unlike frying, roasting, and other heat-intensive cooking techniques that require tastes and chemicals, slow cooker cuisine relies heavily on natural ingredients. As a result, slow cooker dishes are flavored with vegetables, potatoes, and ground spices, among other things.
Hence, eating dishes produced in crockpots daily will not only enhance your health but will also restrict your intake of potentially dangerous substances. Of course, specific crockpot recipes may call for harmful foods, but this is uncommon, lowering the risk of developing diet-related issues.
Due to the low heat, slow cookers are excellent for maintaining the nutritional value of a recipe. With a slow cooker, you can prepare different recipes for casseroles, soups, baked desserts, and roasts, reducing the need for processed and potentially unhealthy foods from the store.
Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker
- 7-quart manual slow cooker
- Dishwasher Safe
- Use Less Energy as compared to any conventional Oven
- Comes with Recipes
Crock-Pot 8 Quart with Digital Countdown Timer
- 8-quart capacity feeds
- Modern black stainless steel finish
- Automatic Shifts
- The digital timer has a 20-hour setting
- Dishwasher-safe stoneware pot and glass lid