It cannot be easy to decide what to cook for dinner. With a traditional oven, you have to find a recipe that matches the size of your oven and then stick with that recipe for multiple dishes. However, you can easily switch your cooking routine by preparing meals like southern fried chicken wings in under 5 minutes with an air fryer, and also we will give you some tasty air fryer recipes.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks food by exposing it to hot air moving at high speed. It has no heating element, so no deep-frying, and uses less oil than other types of cookers. You can use air fryers to make French fries, frozen chips, potato wedges, chicken nuggets, and other fried foods.
Air-frying is an excellent alternative to deep-frying and flash frying because the food cooks quickly and at a lower temperature.
Air-fried food is crispy on the outside but very tender on the inside. This makes it healthier than traditional deep-fried food. Air fryers are also much easier to clean so that you can prepare many dishes faster. Air-frying is an excellent alternative to deep-frying and flash frying because the food cooks quickly and at a lower temperature. Air fryers are also much easier to clean so that you can prepare many dishes faster. Air fryer potato patties, air fryer tater tot casserole, air fryer baked french fries, and air fryer cajun chicken tenders are just a few of the tasty dishes you can prepare with an air fryer. The crispiness of these dishes is like that of fried potato but without the grease and calories! Tater tots and baked French fries are made with ingredients that are already pre-cooked. You can use the air fryer for cooking foods like chicken tenders and fish without oil. The low temperature of the air fryer does not cook the food but only browns or crisps it.
What are the Benefits of Air Frying?
Air fryers are a fast and convenient way to cook food. The most significant benefit of air frying is that you can have your food cooked in less time than if you were cooking it traditionally. In addition, because the food is fried with very little oil, there’s less mess to clean up. You can also use fewer dishes when using an air fryer for cooking your food. Air fryers can cook and reheat foods, and you can even put frozen foods into the air fryer. Many models of an air fryer also come with a handy crisper tray to keep fruits and vegetables fresh. An air fryer also has the advantage of allowing you to recycle the grease with fried foods easily. There are three main air fryers: electric, gas, and convection. Electric air fryers heat the oil with electricity, while gas and convection models use a fan to circulate the hot oil through the food.
Best Air Fryer Recipes
Air-Fryer Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat the air fryer to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Combine eggs and vanilla and beat well. Whisk oats, flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda, and salt in another bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips on top.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets; flatten slightly. Place 1 inch apart. In the air-fryer basket, separate the items on a greased tray. Cook for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Prepare your air fryer by preheating it to 400 degrees.
- Rub the BBQ dry rub evenly over the pork butt steaks.
- Place half of the BBQ sauce in a bowl. Baste half of it on one side of the steaks. Place the pork steaks with the BBQ side down in the air fryer, then baste the top with BBQ sauce.
- Cook the air fryer pork steaks for about 4 minutes, then baste with the remaining barbecue sauce by basting the top, then flip the pork shoulder blade steak over and bast the other side. Add another 4 to 5 minutes to the cooking time, for a total of about 9 minutes.
- Let the pork steaks rest for at least three minutes after removing them from the air fryer. Serve with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Mix the ground beef, garlic, salt, and pepper with your hands. Shape the ground beef into four hamburger patties.
- You can make more than four hamburger sliders with an air fryer. By pressing the bottom of a plate into the cutting board, you can get my burgers pretty thin.
- In the air fryer, arrange the burger patties in a single layer. Do not overlap the patties.
- In case there isn’t enough room in the air fryer, you can cook in batches.
- The air fryer hamburgers should be cooked for 8-12 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until they reach a temperature of 155 degrees (for a medium-well hamburger).
- After removing the patties from the air fryer, serve them on hamburger buns with your favorite toppings.
Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Broccoli
- Prepare the broccoli florets by chopping them and seasoning them.
- Preheat your air fryer and add broccoli and water.
- After air-frying the broccoli for four minutes, toss the florets. Cook 4 to 8 minutes more, tossing every few minutes. Top with desired toppings and ENJOY!
- Make thin slices that stop 3/4 of the way through each baby potato, Hasselback-style.
- Drizzle with oil and toss with garlic.
- Preheat an air fryer to 370 degrees F. Line the air fryer with a single layer of potatoes, working in batches if necessary. Fry them for 18 to 20 minutes until they are crisp on the outside and fork-tender inside.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with homemade aioli (if using).
- In a shallow pan over low heat, toast the coconut until golden brown.
- Pour the coconut milk into a bowl. Combine Panko and the toasted coconut in a second shallow bowl.
- After patting the shrimp dry with a paper towel, dip them in coconut milk, then in Panko.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Working in batches, if necessary, place the shrimp in an air fryer in a single layer. Turn halfway through and cook for about 7 minutes, until golden brown—season with salt and pepper.
Air Fryer Recipes For Beginners
- Set the air fryer to 270 degrees.
- Ideally, place eggs on a wire rack in the air fryer and cook for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool eggs immediately in a bowl of ice water and cold water for at least five minutes.
- You can refrigerate the eggs for up to one week after peeling them and adding salt and pepper.
- Prepare the air fryer by heating it to 320 degrees.
- Place Grand Rolls in a single layer in an air fryer and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- After 5-6 minutes, remove the rolls from the air fryer and set them aside.
- Place the sugar in a wide bowl with a flat bottom.
- Butter all sides of the donut and roll in sugar to cover completely. Repeat with the remaining donuts.
- Pipe 1-2 tablespoons of raspberry jelly into each donut using a long cake tip.
- Serve immediately or store for up to 3 days.
- Prepare the cauliflower by cutting it into steaks and mixing it with oil and seasonings.
- Put the steaks in the air fryer basket with the oil brushed over them.
- Cook until they are tender and the edges are browned.
It’s a very simple recipe, but you can make it your own by mixing up the seasonings. Cumin, turmeric, and paprika are all tasty choices, or you can add some chili flakes for an extra kick.
How to Clean an Air Fryer?
Usually, you always make sure that your Air Fryer should be cleaned before every use, but it contains some parts cleaned occasionally. For instance, the basket, tray, and pan must be cleaned or washed after every air fryer. You can wash them by hand or, it might depend on the type of air fryer.
Since air fryers use a very optimal amount of oil, there is not much greasy residue outside. So, you need not clean or wash the exterior regularly like the interior. Instead, you need to wipe down your air fryer’s surface after every few uses.
Here are some simple steps to Clean an air fryer:
- Collect your Supplies
Before you begin cleaning your air fryer, make sure you have all the necessary tools and supplies.
- Let your Air Fryer Cool Down
Let your air fryer cool for a minimum of 30 minutes after unplugging it. Once the appliance has cooled, remove all removable parts (basket, tray, pan).
- Clean the Removable Parts
Wash the removable parts in soapy water. Let the parts soak in soapy water for ten to fifteen minutes to remove the greasy part. After that, scrub them with a nonabrasive sponge.
Making a paste out of baking soda and water can remove stubborn residue from parts that won’t come off. Scrub the paste over the residue with a soft-bristle brush and wipe it clean.
- Clean the Interior
Spray dish soap on a microfiber cloth or nonabrasive sponge to clean the interior of your air fryer. Wipe away any soap residue with a damp cloth.
- Make Sure the Heating Element is Working
Turn your air fryer upside-down and wipe the heating element clean with a damp cloth or non-abrasive sponge.
- Clean the Exterior
Wipe the exterior down with a cloth or sponge and a bit of dish soap, just like you did the interior. Clean off any soap remnants with a clean damp cloth, then polish the outside with a paper towel.
- Reassemble your Air Fryer
Your air fryer should be thoroughly dry in every nook and cranny. Next, assemble all of the removable parts into the main unit, and you’re done! Now your air fryer is ready to go.