It is believed that black eyes peas are a sign of happiness and prosperity. That is why people like to eat canned black eyed peas recipes in the new year to make their whole upcoming year filled with prosperity. To make black eyes peas is not a complex task to be done. If you know the right recipe for canned black eyed peas, then you can prepare them very quickly for your dinner time.
Everyone is familiar with black eyes peas. Especially, people like to make black eyed peas on the first day of the new year. If you also want to cook black eyed peas in the new year to make your next year more fruitful and lucky for you. For this, you must know the recipe of black eyed peas recipe. If you do not know how to cook black eyed peas at home, here we bring the quick and simple recipe in a further post.
Canned Black Eyed Peas Recipe
To make perfect black eyed peas, you will need some essential ingredients and methods to create perfect canned black eyed peas. To add more taste to your black eyed peas, collect these all ingredients and arrange them with one another to eat delicious canned black eyes peas.
Ingredients to Cook Black Eyed Peas:
|Items||Quantity of Items|
|vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|finely chopped onion||1 small onion|
|Coarse salt and ground pepper||According to your taste|
|dried oregano||1 teaspoon|
|drained and rinsed black eyed peas||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|reduced-sodium chicken broth||1 can (14 ½ ounces)|
|Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley||1/4th cup|
|hot sauce, such as Tabasco||¼ teaspoon|
Method to Cook Black Eyed Peas:
- collect all the ingredients.
- After that, heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions to the vegetable oil pan and let them cook until they become translucent and soft.
- Once you are done with this, add drained and rinsed black eyed peas.
- If you like, you can also add diced cooked ham and cayenne pepper and blend it until it is cooked thoroughly.
- After this, add salt and peppers to it. Moreover, to make it tastier, sprinkle some dried oregano.
- Now it is ready to serve, and you can also eat them with rice.
- Before serving, you can also garnish the black eyed peas with some slices of onions, Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, and can also add hot sauce, such as Tabasco.
- If you like, you can serve the black eyed peas dish with cornbread and greens.
How to Cook Canned Black Eyed Peas in a Crockpot
If you are the one who likes to cook canned black eyed peas on a crockpot instead of a stove, then you are in the right place. We will give you q quick recipe to make black eyed peas on a crockpot. For this, you need to read further information carefully.
- First of all, for cooking canned black eyed peas in the crockpot, you will need a crockpot. You can take a crockpot of any size. However, we recommend you take a crockpot of medium or large size to avoid creating any mess.
- If you want to add finger-licking flavor to the black eyed peas, you must sear the bacon on the stove and put it with other ingredients in the crockpot.
- Your black eyed peas will be ready in 6-8 hours. For this, you have to set the crockpot at low.
How to Make Black Eyed Peas With Ham Hock
You may have heard that black eyed peas with ham hock are delicious, and might be you are craving to eat that. But how? Don’t you know the recipe? Do not worry; we will tell you the correct method to make black eyed peas with ham hock.
For this, you will require 3-4 cans of black eyed beans. You may want to leave off the bacon while using a ham hock with black eyed peas. Do not sear the ham hock first; sear it with all the ingredients to make it tastier.
How to Make Canned Black Peas on the Stovetop
If you are using a stovetop to make black eyed peas, you must need some ingredients, including various spices you like with chopped veggies. Moreover, to make it yummier, you can add ham hock into the 4-8 quarter pot. U8ntil the pot starts to simmer, set it on medium-low. Later, you can set it to low.
keep checking it; check it after every 15-20 minutes. Every time you check it, stir it slightly so that nothing would stick to the surface. You can add water if you like. Then, simmer it until you get the aroma of it.
3 Best Tips For Canned Black Eyed Peas Recipe
- Make the canned black eyed peas dry before using; you can add this water. However, it will not taste so good.
- If you increase the number of peas, make sure that you also increase the number of species.
- Try this recipe with greens and cornbread. Honestly, it will taste superb if you try black peas with greens and cornbread.
How to Utilize Leftover Ingredients
The ingredients used in this recipe of black eyed peas are rich in nutrients, so if you are left with some of them, do not throw them or waste them. Instead, make sure you utilize them correctly. In the further section, we have mentioned the ingredients and their other uses.
|Leftover ingredients||Another use|
|Bacon||Pasta Carbonara, Potato Soup, Baked Beans|
|onion||Beef Stew, Salisbury Steak, Lentil Stew|
|garlic||Chicken Margherita, Buttered Noodles, Garlic Smashed Potatoes|