Swiss Diamond cookware was developed in the late 1990s by scientists working in a Swiss laboratory dedicated to studying nonstick materials and coatings for cooking surfaces. Initially, the HORT Coating Center produced titanium-reinforced polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) goods. Also, The Swiss Diamond brand was established as a result of the discovery that diamonds provided superior reinforcement for its nonstick coatings.
I’ve tested and evaluated hundreds of nonstick cookware items over the last several years. I’ve written this post to assist you in understanding the advantages and disadvantages of Swiss Diamond cookware. This article will concentrate on the Classic High Density (HD) series, which is by far the most popular product in the company’s lineup.
Swiss Diamond Cookware: HONEST REVIEW
This section will tell you about whether you should use Swiss diamond cookware or not. Furthermore, we have checked all the products of Swiss diamond cookware and bought this review section for you to make a better choice for Swiss Diamond cookware.
So, let’s begin by telling you about the material of swiss diamond cookware. You will find swiss diamond cookware in two types of materials: nonstick and stainless steel. Furthermore, we have discussed this part in detail further.
NONSTICK: Nonstick has been conquering our kitchen for a long time. It cooks food quicker, doesn’t stick and is easy to clean. Apart from the kitchenware, this is what we want. Agree? We are impatient because we want everything immediately in fractions of time. Keeping this in mind, Swiss Diamond has met the needs of modern consumers and benefitted. Though nonstick has the most significant risk of leaching, its multi-layered structure mitigates this risk.
It is not recommended that nonstick cookware be placed in the dishwasher or be used at high temperatures since it requires an additional series of care, which will ensure that your cookware lasts for years.
STAINLESS STEEL: Because it’s been used for decades and the food cooked in it has an entirely distinct flavor and nutrition, we love stainless steel. While stainless steel does not leak, it is pretty lousy at adhering to food, which may be frustrating. Because you have to keep stirring the pot or pan to keep it from sticking, which is difficult for a busy mind. However, stainless steel cookware needs more oil than nonstick due of the surface, which is harmful to health. Stainless steel is not suitable for high temperatures since it is only designed for low and medium temperatures. If you opt for high heat, you will ultimately lose your cookware.
Swiss Diamond offers numbered sets ranging from 2 to 10 pieces. A 10 piece set does not signify 10 different types of cookware, However, instead several various kinds of cookware with lids. The lids are also tallied separately, bringing the total to four.
If you want one of each, we have a 10-piece nonstick and 10-piece stainless steel set on our list. A 9, 6, 4, 3 piece set is also available at reasonable costs. So assume your demands and go!
Swiss Diamond offers oven safety up to 500°F and is perfect for occasional usage. Most manufactures recommend 350°F for protection, and most baking calls for this temperature. Because the limiting line and the need are so close, 350 degrees, the risk of damage to the cookware is higher. Thus, cookware with a maximum oven safety of 500 degrees transmits a kind of exposure that your 350 degrees need not accomplish.
Its ergonomically built stay-cool handles enhance its cooking characteristics. Experts say that if you cook with a lot of handling, you are more likely to prepare tastily. However, the public will not well receive cookware without stay-cool handles.
All Swiss Diamond cookware provides excellent heat distribution to quickly prepare any meal. Moving further, Those days of patiently waiting for the heat to reach optimum levels are long gone. Also, Humans are becoming faster, thus we need faster equipment. Quality food is becoming more critical, but so is food made quickly. But with Swiss Diamond, you don’t have to worry about food safety. See, it’ll be on time.
Although the Swiss Diamond pieces are of the highest quality in trustworthiness and execution, we as buyers must also take caution. Besides, Using your cookware set for 5 years with minimum daily care is a massive accomplishment for any firm. Moreover, all parts should be kept away from high temperatures and reassembled after each usage. This is necessary to prevent hot areas and warping.
Even though specific Swiss Diamond cookware is dishwasher safe, it is always best to hand wash it. A little effort can preserve both performance and appearance. Allow stainless steel cookware to cool to room temperature before cleaning it, but wash nonstick cookware while it’s gently heated. Moreover, Don’t use too hot or too cold water, always use lukewarm water. Seriously, it will save your tools’ lives. Also, If your stainless steel gets stains, use a good cleaning product like Barkeeper’s friend or baking soda to remove them.
Surprisingly, the Swiss Diamond supports halogen, glass, and radiating ring cooktops. Besides, The unique ones are not recommended for daily usage, but once in a while are a fantastic deal for a healthy change. Also, not all Swiss Diamond cookware is induction compatible, and just a few sets are shown below in our table if you want to purchase one. And, Electric cooktops are great when you don’t want to go to the kitchen or when you’re unwell and alone. These are perfect for traveling with and using for several reasons.
Contour each color and let the food cook in its own steam to achieve the most excellent flavor. The tempered glass lids have been a favorite feature for many of us since we can now observe the progress of our recipe directly from the glass.
Swiss Diamond, neither too pricey nor cheap, is very inexpensive if you value quality. Generally, buying a Swiss Diamond set purely on pricing is a bad idea.
Swiss Diamond offers a lifetime guarantee on most of its sets, not all, but the majority. So check your model carefully for the warranty card.
Top 10 Swiss Diamond Cookware
Swiss Diamond 10 Piece Set: Ultimate Kitchen Kit
- The oven is safe at 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Handles are made of ergonomic stay-cool material and are suitable with gas, electric, radiant ring, ceramic, halogen, and other types of stoves.
- The lids are tempered glass with an adjustable steam vent manufactured in Switzerland.
Swiss Diamond 6 Piece Set: Newlywed Kitchen Kit
- Cooktops with gas or electric burners are compatible with this product.
- The absence of rivets on the inside avoids food accumulation.
- The use of heavy-duty cast aluminum prevents warping.
- Easy to clean, and ergonomic handles to help you keep your balance, among other things.
Swiss Diamond 9 Piece Set: Family Kitchen Kit
- simple to clean
- environmentally friendly
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, and the flat base ensures consistent heat distribution, among other features.
Swiss Diamond HD Classic 4 Piece Set
- the glass lid is Heat-tempered with an adjustable steam vent
- dishwasher safe
- oven safe up to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C)
- Made in Switzerland, and so on
Swiss Diamond 3 Piece Set
- The handle is ergonomic, and the inside is rivet-free.
- It is oven safe up to 500 degrees F.
- Suitable for use on both gas and electric cooktops, with even heat distribution and long service life, among other features.
Swiss Diamond Induction 6-Piece Cookware Set
- An even heat distribution
- induction compatibility
- a rivet-free inside
- no PFOAs,
- and ease of cleaning is some of the features.
Swiss Diamond 2 Piece Set
- Cleanup is simple.
- tempered glass cover
- made in Switzerland
ergonomic grip, and oven safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, among other features
Swiss Diamond 2 Piece Set
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- even heat conduction
- rivet-free inside and durable, to name a few characteristics.
Swiss Diamond Premium Stainless 10 Piece Complete Kitchen Set
- Construction of stainless steel and aluminum
- measurement marks
- All cooktops are compatible with this product.
- The exterior is satin, and it is oven safe up to 500 degrees F, among other things.
Swiss Diamond Induction 3-Piece Cookware Set
- made in Switzerland
- oven-safe up to 500 degrees F, ergonomic handles that stay cool while in use, Easy to clean, long-lasting, and so on.
Swiss Diamond Cookware: Buyer’s Guide
Swiss Diamond is a long-lasting nonstick cookware set. With regular use and adequate maintenance, these pots and pans may last 5 years, which is far longer than most nonstick rivals.
There are cheaper nonstick choices, but many of them need to be replaced after just 2-3 years, or even sooner if they are PTFE-free. So in the end, the price difference between Swiss Diamond and a cheaper alternative is probably negligible.
Consider cast iron or stainless steel cookware for durability. Cost and convenience will be sacrificed, but the materials will last a lifetime.
Traditional PTFE-based nonstick pans are unrivaled for easy food release, and Swiss Diamond leads the way. This implies cooking delicate things (eggs, seafood) should be easy. It also means cleaning is simple. However, you should wash it by hand.
Each Swiss Diamond pan has three layers of high-density PTFE nonstick sprayed on top of a priming layer that prevents food from touching the cast aluminum base. In addition, the primer strengthens the nonstick surface’s connection, extending its life.
Quick and Evenly Heated
Electric and gas cooktops love the Swiss Diamond HD Classic range.
If you want to make food on an induction stove, the company has a Classic Induction line that includes magnetic material in the pan base.
The HD Classic pans sit on a 6mm recyclable aluminum foundation. Aluminum is the second-best heat conductor after copper in cookware. Fortunately, aluminum cookware is far less expensive than copper.
Swiss Diamond also incorporates industrial diamond dust into the nonstick coating, improving heat transmission from the pan’s base to cooked food. The diamonds also help release food and deflect abrasive pressures from the PTFE nonstick coating, which is usually the first to wear off.
Two significant problems with nonstick cookware: inexpensive pans warp easily. The manufacturer’s instructions typically don’t specify what conduct will result in this consequence. With a 6mm aluminum base, no owners I polled had concerns with the pan losing its form.
At the same time, be mindful that sudden temperature swings might harm this or any pan. Let your pan cool before cleaning it. Many individuals are unaware that nonstick cookware is only for low-to-medium heat cooking.
Balanced Lids and Handle
The frying pan’s handles are balanced, so it won’t tip over. This should be standard in the new century, but not all pans are created equal.
Aside from being balanced, this set’s pots and pans have stay-cool handles and are oven safe to 500 F. In addition, they are not riveted to the pan to avoid food build-up and bacterial development.
Most of the set’s components have glass lids. However, in exchange for the ability to watch your food cook, the glass lids’ rims are less convenient to clean than metal lids.
Sourcing And Transparent
I admire Swiss Diamond’s dedication to sustainability throughout the production process, even though PTFE goods are debatable. For example, Alumunium recycled and renewable energy. Also, the corporation is unusually open to revealing product details.
What to Check While Buying Swiss Diamond Cookware
Swiss Diamond has been at the forefront of the nonstick cookware industry for three years, earning several accolades and distinctions that need to be recognized. Moreover, A consumer association in the United States recognized it as an outstanding nomination for kitchen usage after it was ranked first in Australia and New Zealand.
The following are some of the accolades and honors that Swiss Diamond has earned in such a short period, indicating that our selection is the most secure and renowned.
- Gold Medalist at the International Exhibition of Inventions Best Nonstick Cookware – according to a significant consumer reporting agency in the United States.
- The Wall Street Journal calls this nonstick fry pan “the Rolls-Royce of nonstick fry pans.”
- The American Vegetarian Association recommends this cookbook for vegan and vegetarian cuisine.
- The Cooking Club of America also recommends this cookbook.
Swiss Diamond has developed its own unique and highly productive production method, which includes using recycled materials to eliminate waste and increase the quality of the finished product.
Is Swiss Diamond Cookware Safe?
Aside from the famous diamond cookware, this is a rising trend in many cookware brands. This follows the US Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposal to eliminate PFOA. Furthermore, Its presence in several nonstick formulae remains a significant concern. While the usage of Teflon was the primary cause for stopping PFOA, PTFE still uses Teflon. The Swiss diamond cookware coating uses PTFE technology but no PFOA. Even yet, there is no proof that PTFE is poisonous or dangerous. So long as no PFOA is present, the product is deemed safe.
PROS AND CONS of Swiss Diamond Cookware
- Made in Switzerland — The Swiss Diamond is an alternative to Chinese-made cookware. People are more confident in the safety and environmental elements of items created in Europe. This cookware is identical to the Woll Diamond Plus from Germany.
- Much nonstick cookware is thin and fragile. Swiss Diamond pans are thicker and heavier than most other nonstick cookware. It’s not as hefty as a Finex cast iron skillet, but it’s sturdy in your hands. The 11-inch fry pan weighs 2.6 lbs, compared to 2 kg or less for a ceramic fry pan.
- Cookware with no rivets is easier to clean since food and sauces don’t stick to the rivets. The Swiss Diamond boasts a rivet-free cooking surface for better hygiene.
- Nonstick releases food effectively and passes the egg test without oil or butter.
- High cost. The ten-piece set will set you back a lot of cash. While some may think it’s worth paying for the quality, others think it’s hazardous to depend on the product’s claim.
- Degradation. The Swiss diamond cookware will suffer the same fate as other nonstick cookware. The nonstick coating will eventually wear off despite the improvements, leaving a sticky surface.
- Abrasion. While the nonstick coating is durable in testing, regular usage shows wear even with non-metal cutlery. The cookware’s function is unchanged, although the abrasion tends to dull the coating’s shine.
- Heat-related damage. While the cookware is resistant to high oven temperatures, high cooking temperatures are still harmful to the nonstick coating. Continually high frying temperatures have been linked to early coating degradation.
Consumers often provide excellent feedback on swiss diamond cookware. Regardless, the complaints appear to start after a while, with some coming in as early as six months. After all, nonstick cookware of any kind ultimately wears out, even Swiss diamond. In addition, different situations describe distinct kitchen settings.
Swiss Diamond cookware is ideal for those who value quality above quantity. If you think purchasing the set is too hazardous, calculating the cost upfront might save you a lot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Swiss Diamond cookware re-usable?
Swiss Diamond is a long-lasting nonstick cookware set. With regular use and care, these pots and pans can last 5 years, significantly longer than most nonstick competitors.
Q. How to clean Swiss Diamond cookware?
Swiss Diamond Cookware suggests hot, sudsy water washing. Use non-abrasive detergents, oven cleaners, and scouring pads to avoid damaging the nonstick surface. Next, clean the exterior with warm soapy water.
Q. Swiss Diamonds are toxic?
No! Swiss Diamond’s nonstick coating has been PFOA-free since 2008. Even if you bought your Swiss Diamond cookware before 2008, you are safe: Swiss Diamond’s innovative manufacturing technique eliminated all PFOA particles.
Q. Can Swiss Diamond cookware pans be dishwashers?
It is dishwasher safe (top and bottom racks)