Watching your hot food arrive on sizzling plates with a sizzling voice and a flavorful aroma at a restaurant is quite exciting, and it makes your taste buds go crazy! It’s true, isn’t it? Well, what about creating the same excitement in your home too? Having your guests come to your house and be amazed by your hospitality is one of the most mesmerizing moments. Believe me! Food served hot and sizzling is always a hit among people. While you can use any sizzling plates to serve your guests, the best is always the best. In this article, I will explain all about Sizzling plates and give you links to some of the best options to choose from.
- How to make Meatloaf from scratch
- 5 New Greatest Sizzling Plates
- 10 Amazing Meatloaf Recipes + Expert Tips
- Ideal Meatloaf Temperature to cook
- How to Tell if Ground Turkey is Bad: Shelf Life and Thawing
A Description of the Sizzler Plate
Sizzler plate is known by different names such as sizzling plate, sizzler plates, sizzle platter, sizzling plates, sizzling steak plates, fajita sizzlers, etc. Most of the time, they are round, from 11 inches long to 8 or 9 inches wide, usually between 4 and 6 inches across.
Sizzler plate are generally paired with a heatproof base, usually made of wood or other non-conductive material, and often sold together in sets. Sizzler plate are cast iron and look somewhat like a scaled-down skillet. The more useful models are simply small oval pans made of stainless steel or lightweight aluminum. Restaurants buy and use them in enormous quantities despite being less showy.
How to Use Sizzling Plate?
Following are the ways for, “How to use sizzling plate?’
1. Cast iron sizzler plates are usually quite simple to use, but they add a lot of special taste to anything they’re used for. It can be used after a simple wash in Luke warm water. In any case, you need to season it first if it isn’t pre-seasoned.
2. Prepare the plate on a low-medium flame for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until just smoking temperature or ready to serve. Make sure there is not much smoke.
3. In a bowl, combine one teaspoon oil and one teaspoon of water.
4. The dishes should be slightly undercooked because the hot plate will continue to cook them.
5. Carefully place the plate in the carrier’s wooden liner.
6. Use a little butter to grease the plate.
7. Gravy can be directly poured on a plate, but dishes made up of dry items must first be spread with cabbage or lettuce leaves.
8. Sizzle the mixture of water and oil by sprinkling it on the sides of the plate. Serve immediately.
*Note: Handle the sizzler plate carefully. Keep children away from the plate.
Best Options of Sizzling Plates
Lodge Cast Iron Fajita Set, Pre-Seasoned
DOITOOL Nonstick Sizzling Steak Plate
Winco ISP-3 Cast Iron Steak Platter
4 Piece Pre-seasoned Cast Iron Fajita Skillets
How to Clean a Sizzler Plate?
There is no doubt that the sizzler plate will provide an attractive and smoky appearance to your food. It is, however, sometimes pretty tricky to clean. In this segment, I provide you with a variety of tips and tricks for cleaning sizzler plates:
- Boiling water
- Fill your plate with a bit of water as the plate can carry, and put it on the stove.
- Food particles stuck to the sizzler plate start to float to the top after a few minutes of boiling.
- Remove any excess food stuck by scraping it with a spatula.
- After the plate has cooled, remove the water and residue and dump them down the drain.
- After you have cleaned the pan, give it a thorough rinse.
- If there are any food particles left, wipe them away with a paper towel.
- Water and salt
- Do not let the Sizzler cool entirely, just until it is cool enough to touch.
- Sprinkle coarse kosher salt over the surface.
- To create a paste-like texture, add a small amount of hot water to the surface.
- Scrub the salt off using a sponge.
- Remove salt and debris from the plate by rinsing them with hot water. In case of necessity, repeat.
- Water and Soap
- Place a small amount of non-abrasive soap or detergent in the center of your plate.
- Scrub the sizzler plate with soap and a little hot water, using steel wool, a scrubber, or a sponge.
- Rinse the sizzler plate under hot water.
- Take a sponge or non-abrasive pad and scrub the plate one more time with soap.
- Rinse away any remaining soap residue.
Sizzling plates are great for serving and cooking. The best models, in general, are traditional cast iron ones. It is suitable for cooking and serving food. However, they do not cook as quickly as aluminum models. There is only one downside to aluminum: the material doesn’t make for great serving dishes.
Getting a wooden base is important if you’re planning on using it for serving. You won’t have to worry about your table getting burned this way. It is important to remember that it is dangerous to sling hot plates around your kitchen. Use a heavy-duty heat pad or oven mitt to handle the sizzler, and check that the heatproof base is securely attached. It’s not a good idea to use sizzlers to serve small children, who may forget the danger and burn themselves.
Hopefully, you find my article on the sizzling plates is helpful to you!