Side Effects Eating Canned Soup

1. Bloating

Canned soups, as a category, are some of the saltiest foods, with the average serving of canned soup can containing around 600 to 700 milligrams of sodium.

While it's not clear just how sodium causes bloating, researchers believe that sodium's ability to cause water retention is the likely culprit. In a study in the American Journal of Gastroenterology

that examined high- and low-sodium diets, researchers discovered that high salt intake increased the risk of bloating by about 27% compared with low-sodium diets.

Research suggests that diets high in sodium can result in more bodyweight located primarily in the most dangerous spot—around your middle.

2. Obesity

Studies have shown that a high sodium intake is associated with a risk of obesity through increased consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages.

The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends an ideal limit of 1,500 mg of sodium per day, especially for those with high blood pressure and 2,300 mg for most adults  hypertension.

3. Hypertension

To reduce the impact of all this sodium from canned soups, says Mowrer, "pair your soup with a fresh salad or piece of fruit, which contains potassium to help your body flush the salt.

Some canned soups, especially chowders and "bisques, are high in calories and saturated fat,which can contribute to weight gain and elevate heart disease

4. Weight gain and heart disease risk factors

A number of studies have shown that diets high in saturated fat can increase LDL cholesterol,especially a component of LDL,the protein ApoB,which is strongly predictive of coronary heart disease risk

80% of your food should be whole nutritious, minimally processed foods with the remaining 20% consisting of the "fun" foods that we enjoy and provide us with additional benefits outside of health

the inorganic phosphates that are added to canned foods have been disrupted endocrine regulation, and ultimately result in tissue damage

5. Disrupted endocrine system

 and the development of cardiovascular disease, renal impairment, and bone loss, according to an Advances in Nutrition review.

The Worst Tea You Shouldn't Ever Drink