Fun facts about Your favorite snacks
1. Krispy Kremes may contain potato
Food historians believe the recipe contains fluffed egg whites, mashed potatoes, sugar, shortening, skimmed milk and flour.
2. Green Haribo Goldbears are strawberry flavor
they're strawberry flavored and, somewhat counterintuitively, the white ones are pineapple.
3. Reese’s Pieces contain no chocolate
What’s surprising is they’re all peanut flavored. None of them contain chocolate.
4. Pringles aren’t potato chips
Our favorite, stackable, salty snacks are made with “dehydrated processed potato”
5. Pringles' mascot is called Julius
His name is Julius Pringles and he has had a number of updates over the years, his first in the mid-1960s when the brand was just taking off.
6. Not all footlong Subway subs are 12 inches
it was concluded natural variability in baking means it's inevitable subs will be slightly different sizes and the sandwich giant was given the greenlight.
7. Pop Tarts were originally unglazed
they were originally unglazed. It wasn't until 1967, when Dutch-Apple, Concord Grape and Raspberry toaster pastries joined the line
8. SpaghettiOs were designed to eat pasta with a spoon
Invented in 1965, early advertisements described them as “practically unspillable”.
9. Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte nearly didn’t happen
It’s only because a project manager called Peter Dukes saw potential in the Pumpkin Spice Latte that it was saved.
10. Oreos are vegan
They contain sugar, flour, oil, cocoa, high fructose corn syrup, leavening, corn starch, salt, soy lecithin, vanillin and chocolate, but no milk.
Coca-Cola launch its first kind flavor