Caldo De Queso Recipe
It’s a magical blend of flavors that can warm even the coldest Texan heart.
Try this recipe for Caldo de queso with only five ingredients.
Caldo de queso is a Mexican soup traditionally made with chicken broth, Cheese, potatoes, and tortillas.
It can be prepared in under 30 minutes.
Although this soup isn’t thick, feel free to use heavy cream instead of milk to make it creamier.
It’s great for lunch or dinner on a cold winter night. Of course, you could serve it whenever you want! It’s perfect for any occasion.
Make sure you use hot milk so it doesn’t curdle.
Not a fan of potatoes? Use pasta noodles instead.
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, chopped (about ¾ cup)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano or one tablespoon of fresh
1 teaspoon salt, more to test
¼ teaspoon pepper
6 cups chicken broth
3 roasted poblano peppers, loosely chopped
1 cup whole milk, room temperature
10 Ounces queso fresco chopped into 1-inch cubes
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Stir in onions and cook until they are sweating, just a few minutes
3. Continue cooking for another minute after adding garlicAdd tomatoes and oregano.
4. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
5. Cook for another 5 minutes with potatoes, salt, and pepper
6. Simmer chicken broth with salt and pepper